So we've been doing pretty good on my new year's resolutions so far! I've added a new one that I'm focusing on for the month of February - drinking my full 64 ounces of water every day. When I complete it for the day, I get a sticker on the calendar. I've gotten a sticker every day so far this month!
1. Etsy store - has had to be put on hold as I've been trying to get another job so that we can get out of debt faster.
2. Cook dinner at home more often - We have been doing really well on this, up until Jordan was switched back to nights. Now I have to gear myself up for cooking lunch for the two of us every day, instead of supper which seems easier as I have more time. But we haven't eaten out at a restaurant since I don't remember when, and our fast food intake is much lower too.
3. Reduce our eco footprint - our gas bill this last month was down almost $20!! And its the winter!!! I think that's pretty good.
4. Plan to and stick to a budget - We've started the Dave Ramsey budget, and are living much more frugally than a couple of months ago. Hopefully this will pay off soon as we will be out of debt.
5. Get out of debt - well, we're working on it! It may take longer than a year, but I hope not.
And now I'm going to start a new count thing: I want to complete 50 projects in 2010!! I think I'm already off to a good start though, and it shouldn't be too difficult as long as I stick to it. I'm going to try not to include the things I'm making for Craftster swaps on here, as I want to make sure I'm making things for our home too. Here are the things I've already started/finished:
1. Mom's birthday present teacher bag
2. A new everyday purse for me!!
3. The "Happy Puppy" quilt for kids - needs batting and quilting
4. The knitted afghan with 117 squares - 4 down so far!
5. A coupon holder for my purse
6. A new quilt for our bed (started in 2009, lets finish it!)
7. A new wallet
8. A new and improved knitting project bag (I learned from my mistakes on the last one)
9. A weekender travel bag/luggage
10. A change purse to hold the change in my purse!
11. A nice warm hat for my hubby - already have the yarn and needles, just need the skill
12. Fill up the nice wedding scrap book we received as a gift that is still empty
Obviously, that list is not to 50. But I need to think of more things to add to it! I'm getting project ideas all the time, I just need to have an achievable goal so that I can watch myself working towards it! I'm excited. And it gives me drive and direction in all this free time that I have currently. But I've already learned how to sew button holes, and how to do satin stitching on a machine. Not to mention the knitting stitches I've had to learn and master. I'm excited, and hope that this will increase my crafting skills.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment