Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Looking up?

Well, Jordan's work called about 30 minutes ago and informed him that apparently the guy who he'd switched shifts with in order to do a favor had decided to go ahead and switch back and not tell Jordan. So they were calling to find out why he was not at work. Which really makes me angry in a way I can't express, as Jordan really did his co-worker (who would have been fired if Jordan hadn't agreed to switch with him) a favor, and now this co-worker decides to completely screw him over. Oh it just makes me SO MAD.

Thankfully, we've both spent the past two days applying for jobs (Jordan more so than I because I've been cleaning house as well and we've only got the one computer), and Jordan actually already had a call on one and has an interview tomorrow. Of course, he had to call and reschedule the interview when he found out what his co-worker had done, but at least they were able to make time for him earlier tomorrow so he can still do that and make it to work. Oh, I am soooo angry at this person right now. But I really hope that this job Jordan is interviewing for is the right one for him (not sales) and that it works out, so he can get out of this crummy situation.

I'm trying to find some kind of part time work too, because we realized that our current income and budget are not going to allow us to get out of debt in any timely fashion. But the job I've got (tutoring) pays sooo well, that to give it up for a 40 hour a week $8 an hour job would be pointless as they'd have about the same income. So a part-time job it is. Anything would help, honestly. And I'm applying for anything I can find.

The Etsy business is definitely going to have to go on the back burner for a while until this whole mess is cleaned up. Which stinks, but that's ok. It'll still be there waiting for me when I'm able to get back to it. Just like this house, which seems to continually get itself messy when I'm not looking. I did finally make myself a new purse the other day. I had planned on listing it online to sell it, but I like it so much I'm going to have to keep it for myself. Which I think is ok, because I never make anything for myself.

Phew. I'm still quite ticked off. I need to go scrub something.

No comments:

Post a Comment