Well life is just plugging along at the moment. Jordan and I are in a small group at church and we're all reading and discussing "The Screwtape Letters" by CS Lewis. Its been a lot of fun meeting everybody there, and we've got various little hangout plans with a bunch of them. I'm really looking forward to it every week. Everyone is real and genuine, and most people have been where Jordan and I are now (questioning, and broke lol). This past Monday we were in charge of snacks, so I busted out our Chinese cookbook and made Won-Tons and Eggrolls for everyone. I also made pigs in a blanket, chocolate chip cookies, and brought along some fruit for those who try to eat healthier. Everyone was commenting on how great it tasted, which was awesome cause it was a whole lot of work to get all that ready. I was pretty much cooking all day Monday.
I've been making good progress on my 50 projects in 2010 thing too. Here's the list I've got so far. Italics means finished, and bold means in progress:
1. Mom's birthday present custom teacher bag
2. A new everyday purse for me!!
3. The "Happy Puppy" quilt for quiltforkids.org
4. The knitted afghan with 117 squares - 11 down so far!
5. A coupon holder for my purse
6. A new quilt for our bed (started in 2009, lets finish it!)
7. A birthday present for Julie (Oct)
8. A new and improved knitting project bag (I learned from my mistakes on the last one)
9. A weekender travel bag/luggage
10. A change purse to hold the change in my purse!
11. A nice warm hat for my hubby - already have the yarn and needles, just need the skill
12. Fill up the nice wedding scrap book we received as a gift that is still empty
13. The Apples and Pears NICU quilt for quiltsforkids
14. Scrap quilt from Jordan's great grandma's fabrics
15. Baby quiltforkids.org quilt (no name yet)
16. Kitty quilt for kids quilt (no name yet)
17. Spaceman quilt for kids quilt (no name yet)
18. Claire313's crazy Sanibel bag
19. Ruth's crazy Sanibel bag
So 5 projects done of 50, I'm 10% done! But the year is more than 10% over, so I need to bust a move. All my projects are so big and time consuming though!
Well, its about time for me to leave for work. God has blessed us in that I was able to pick up another student for tutoring, and I'm working with him for about 2 hours every week. Its great because the little income boost has really helped. The problem is that all this tutoring will be ending in about two months because of summer vacation, and I will need to find another job to make ends meet until it all picks back up again in the fall. At least, I'm assuming it'll all pick back up again and I'll get to keep my same students. I'm not sure what I'll do in the summer, but hopefully God will provide something. For the time being I'm trying not to worry about it.
Jordan and I were successful in sticking to our budget this month. We now have a fully stocked emergency fund and will be making a larger payment on my student loan debt than we originally anticipated. Its nice because the first couple of weeks were lean as we were waiting for my paycheck to arrive so we'd have money to buy groceries, but since then we've had everything we've needed and haven't really felt the pinch of running out of money at all. Which is because we haven't. It has really worked out well for us, and it was really encouraging. We even had some car trouble this month and a doctor's visit, but we turned out ok. That's always a nice feeling to see hard work start to pay off.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment