Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our First Downfall

Well, despite our hard work we ate fastfood the last two days. I had a beef stew cooking in the crock pot on Monday, but I put in the noodles too soon and they dissolved into the stew and the whole thing just looked disgusting. It was horrible. So we threw it out and went and got Taco Bell.

And then yesterday, I had dinner planned and ready to be cooked, but we ended up going over to Grant's house the play games and stayed there through dinner time. So we had to pick up fast food again. I'm not going to feel too bad about it. Just pick ourselves back up and get back on the cooking-our-food not-so-much-fast-food bandwagon.

I added two new items to my etsy store today, the personalized coffee cozy's and some Breast Cancer Awareness ones. I enjoyed making them and I am hoping that my store will start to get some traffic so that I can get closer to making my first sale. At the moment, I'm just one in a sea of etsy stores and I'm not sure how to get my name out there and get people into my store. But it'll happen with time as long as I keep doing what I am doing. I've got a couple new products in my head that I'd like to make and have up in the next couple of days. Breaking into the market is a little hard, but I'm reading and improving my store every day.

Jordan and I went to the library these past two days, and I've checked out quite a few books about gardening and how to grow your own vegetables without spending tons of money to do it. We're going to use the Square Foot Garden method, since it doesn't require us to dig into any soil (which is good because we don't have a yard) and is instead more like planter boxes but for veggies. I picked up a good variety of seeds from Lowe's today, and may start some of the longer-maturing ones inside on the window seals so that we can start enjoying fresh produce earlier in the spring than we'd be otherwise able to.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment