Sunday, January 10, 2010

Promotion, promotion, promotion

Well, its been an interesting couple of days. Still no sales in my etsy shop, though I did have someone contact me about a custom order for their wedding party. I hope that works out because it would be fun to do. I've just been promoting the shop like crazy, trying to get more people into the store. Even if nobody buys anything yet, at least they've been made aware I exist and hopefully made a mental note for the next time they're looking for a gift. We'll see. Its mildly frustrating, but I'm going to keep at it. I really want it to work out.

I spent a lot of time a couple days ago designing a new wallet for the shop. I haven't found anything else like it on etsy, so hopefully it'll be my key to carving out my niche. I made 3 prototypes before ending up with one that I like. Unfortunately, I didn't stitch entirely straight so I'm keeping that one for myself. I starting to make an actual one to sell, but ending up making a mistake somewhere and it came out too short. I hate doing that. But Jordan has been very encouraging during the whole frustrating process. It doesn't help that the sewing machine was having issues as well.

In other news, I got into the Frugal Living Swap in craftster, and I'm pretty excited about that. First thing I'm making for my partner are some reusable menstrual pads. Frankly, they gross me out. But she really really wants them and there are quite a few people who love them. So whatever. I will make them for her, but I certainly don't have to use them!

We've been doing well eating supper at home, except that there have been a couple supper mishaps where it wasn't cooked fully or burned or something along those lines. So we've still ended up eating fast food. But it'll get better, I trust. At least we're trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment