I took the test for the census job on Monday, which was kinda a shame because Bill was in town and I really would have like to see him. The census test was a joke, and anyone who graduated high school should have been able to get 100% on it, as long as they actually tried. If you try to do it too fast, you will miss questions as they trick you. But it took me about 15 minutes out of the 30 we were allowed. There were some people who didn't even finish, and some people who didn't pass (passing is 10 out of the 28 questions). I was the youngest person in my testing group. Everyone else was in their 30's or above with one or two exceptions. Since I got a perfect score, theoretically I should be at the top of the list when they come to fill positions. We will see though.
Jordan went to see his dad in dallas while I was testing, and Mrs. Gayla was there. She and her husband live here now, which is weird to me because several of us from MABC ended up here in Dallas/Fort Worth (Harris, Watson, Kristen, Jordan and I..). She works for the Southern Baptist Convention of Texas and told Jordan about a couple openings they have, which would be great for me because I would like to have health benefits. Hopefully I'll be able to do the work from them (hopefully in the missions department like Gayla) and still keep my tutoring job, which will help us follow our Money Makeover plan that much faster.
We had to get the cars' registration renewed yesterday. Good bye $100. AND in the state of Texas you have to have your car inspected every year, so we still have to do that. Already thinning our emergency fund as the two people who were supposed to pay me on the 15th (the tutoring company and that terrible bed and breakfast) STILL have not gotten my pay checks in the mail. Which is a huge part of the reason we're doing the money makeover plan - so that when people fail we won't be left in a pinch. Also, the started on the Camry has started to fail, so now we have to replace that. The mechanic down the road (who always quotes us high) said $340 to replace it. Jordan is looking at other options. Just frustrating.
We've spent the last 5 days pretty much consistently hanging out with the Watsons and the Michalkes. Its fun to have other married couple friends. On Sunday, after we went to church, we went back to the Watson's house and talked for a while. Everybody ended up telling their beginning of relationship through engagement stories, which was interesting to hear. The Michalkes were high school sweethearts, the Watsons randomly met and got engaged shortly after, and then Jordan and I. Of course we had to tell the whole Jodi's-college-mistake story, even though we were trying to gloss over. But they wanted to know, so we told them. Its great to hang out with people in our same situation of being newly married, broke, and trying to find where we fit. I've really enjoyed it.
The dogs are driving me nuts. Abbey has decided that after a month with no accidents, she is now no longer potty trained. So we're back to the kennel/outside time until she gets it through her head that she has no other choice. Hopefully this time it will stick. She's also been a whiny brat at night, which leads to less sleep for Jordan and I, which leads to raised nerves at night. Jojo is just very vocal, as always. Their new game is to sit on top of the couch and bark at the neighborhood stray cats.
Goals for the day? Do a little cleaning around the house, as they dogs have decided to unstuff another previously-stuffed animal all over the living room. I've got to replant some cabbage seeds that have sprouted and will need a bigger pot before they go outside in the garden. And I'm going to list an item or two online - at least make them so I can list them throughout the week, as well as finish mom's birthday present and figure out what dad is getting so that I can get that box in the mail and not worry about it.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment